- Find Digital Out-of-Home Ad Networks By Location, Venue Type and Reach
- Digital Out-of-Home Advertising and Mobile Marketing News
- Media Planning and Buying: DOOH Advertising Network Locator
- More Than 90% of Shopping Transactions Take Place Inside a Physical Retail Store
- Free Trend Report: Why Location Is the New Currency of Marketing
- Digital Out-of-Home Media: The Amplification Channel
- Upcoming Industry Events
- Can Programmatic Buying Make Digital Out-of-Home Advertising Easier to Transact?
- Canadian Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH) Advertising Networks
- Creative Digital Out-of-Home Advertising Campaigns
- Digital Out-of-Home Enables Advertisers to Reach Audiences with Greater Precision
- Declining TV Viewership and Online Fraud Create Tough Environment for Brand Marketers
- Australian Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH) Advertising Networks
- DOOH Media Reaches On-the-Go Travelers and Commuters
- Noteworthy News from Around the Web
- Mobile Activation: Reaching On-the-Go Consumers with DOOH and LbM Media
- UK Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH) Advertising Networks
- Digital Out-of-Home Advertising Networks Are Location-based Marketing Platforms
- Out-of-Home Delivers Messages that Are Unmissable and Unskippable
- USA Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH) Advertising Networks
- Optimized for the Digital Out-of-Home Media Space
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Digital Billboards Reach On-the-Go Consumers
- About ScreenMedia Daily
- Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH) Advertising News – ScreenMedia Daily
- Gas Stations Provide the Perfect Opportunity to Connect with Consumers
- ScreenMedia Daily – Site Map
- Shopping Malls Connect Brands to On-the-Go Consumers
- Outfront Media Acquires Dynamic Outdoor
- Channel Edinburgh Delivers News and Entertainment on DOOH Screens
- AdMobilize Partners with SmartLink for Vehicle Analytics
- Signature to Double Screen Presence Across Birmingham and Manchester
- ANA: War on Digital Ad Fraud Is Winnable
- Ari Buchalter Named CEO of Intersection
- Outdoor Campaign Raises Awareness of Endangered Species
- Bitposter Announce Partnership with Oxford Retail Consultants
- Clear Channel Airports Names New President
- IAB Study Highlights Shifting TV Viewing Habits
- Spending on Digital Video Increases as Marketers Evolve Strategy
- TouchTunes Partners with Rubicon Project to Automate Digital Ads
- Campaign Promotes Diversity in Advertising and Marketing
- GSTV and Verifone Pump Media Announce Joint Venture
- Posterscope Builds Programmatic Ad Platform for Shop Direct
- Chicago Transit Authority to Expand Digital Advertising Network
- TouchTunes and PlayNetwork Announce Merger Plans
- Nationwide Survey Polls Consumers and Tallies Results on DOOH Screens
- AllOver Media Launches Los Angeles Area Gas Station Network
- Cinema Advertising Reports Record Ad Revenue
- By SMD Editor on September 8, 2016
As consumers interact with the world around them, location-based beacons are making it easier to bridge the physical world with the digital.
- By SMD Editor on August 30, 2016
Turbulent times at Outsmart raise a number of questions for the UK out-of-home (OOH) media sector. Outsmart will no longer operate as a marketing organization, and will instead operate as a out-of-home trade association,…
- By SMD Editor on August 19, 2016
Will programmatic become the dominant large-scale OOH planning and buying paradigm of the future? Technology impacts our world at an exponential rate.
- By SMD Editor on July 21, 2016
Video advertising impressions now come in many different flavors, and not every metric will apply uniformly across all media. While media convergence has made digital screens omnipresent, it’s important to recognize that just because…
- By SMD Editor on May 1, 2016
Most of our news and entertainment including television, radio, and online is subsidized by advertising, and declining ad revenue across the media ecosystem is threatening to undermine much of the free content that we’ve…
- By SMD Editor on April 6, 2016
When thinking about marketing use-cases for location, there are two different universes to consider: the world outside and the world inside. Each area requires different ways of thinking about how to create valuable consumer…
- By SMD Editor on February 21, 2016
Structural changes often begin gradually and accelerate as fundamentals change and form new catalysts for growth. This has proven true for the digital out-of-home (DOOH) media space.
- By SMD Editor on December 17, 2015
We’re spending far too much time talking to young people at the expense of older, wealthier adults, says Bob Hoffman, author of Marketers Are From Mars, Consumers Are From New Jersey: Digital Advertising and…
- By SMD Editor on December 9, 2015
More than 3.2 million people in New York do not have access to broadband Internet. This digital divide has created two classes of citizens that are split along socioeconomic lines—and it has serious implications…
- By SMD Editor on October 11, 2015
Adtech companies have blinded marketers with complexity and techno-babble, According to Bob Hoffman, it’s time for a reality check. Mr. Hoffman believes that marketers should be more skeptical and question everything
- By SMD Editor on April 28, 2015
An increasing number of brands are placing greater emphasis on in-house resources, bypassing their agencies of record, according to the ANA’s latest study, Enhancing Client/Agency Relations 2015.
- By SMD Editor on January 6, 2015
Online advertising has a major problem—viewability. As we start 2015, the bad news for online advertising has only intensified. According to a recent article in AdAge,
- By SMD Editor on January 5, 2015
Outfront Media and Videri may be the next big thing in digital out-of-home advertising—and its competitors will be forced to play catch-up.
- By SMD Editor on June 16, 2014
Combining lifestyle interest and location enables brands to respond to the uniqueness of the moment that consumers are currently in with relevancy and immediacy.
- By SMD Editor on June 9, 2014
If you have followed recent reports regarding brick-and-mortar retail, and more specifically, shopping malls, you might have made up your mind already that retail environments are no longer an effective venue for reaching consumers….
- By SMD Editor on February 27, 2014
Exposure to place-based digital out-of-home advertising has increased sharply as consumers increase the time they spend outdoors and away from home, according to PQ Media
Are Software Developers the New Storytellers? Ken Auletta Reveals How “Geeks” Are Changing the News CycleBy SMD Editor on October 29, 2013
Ken Auletta has written extensively about media at The New Yorker and has authored 10 books that include Three Blind Mice: How the TV Networks Lost Their Way and Googled: The End of the…
- By SMD Editor on October 14, 2013
“You’re doomed,” said Bob Garfield, an advertising and marketing analyst and author of The Chaos Scenario. Mr. Garfield delivered this ominous message to a packed auditorium of marketing, media and advertising executives back in…
- By SMD Editor on August 14, 2013
Issues related to smartphone tracking have been making headlines, and it’s usually for the wrong reasons. This seems to be the case with London’s Renew Network, a digital out-of-home advertising network that uses street-level…
- By SMD Editor on May 8, 2013
Near Field Communication is gaining momentum as consumer support for QR Code technology has started to fade.
- By SMD Editor on May 8, 2013
Mobile Shopping Apps are changing the ways consumers shop and gather product information, and boosting retail sales.
- By SMD Editor on April 14, 2013
Advertisers are increasing their use of experiential marketing to reach on-the-go consumers, but one of the biggest changes in the advertising space is the increased use of place-based digital out-of-home media to help drive…
- By SMD Editor on February 8, 2013
Indoor mapping apps will drastically change how consumers shop, and how retailers market to consumers.
- By SMD Editor on January 15, 2012
New York City’s Official Information Center features three large interactive multitouch tables that enable visitors to explore NYC on a neighborhood-by-neighborhood basis and learn about local attractions.
Free Trend Report: Why Location Is the New Currency of Marketing
Finding effective ways to deliver branded messages in today’s complex media environment is one of the biggest challenges facing advertisers. Traditional methods of advertising have become less effective as consumers spend less time in places where marketers have traditionally had an advantage in reaching them. In addition, consumer attention has fragmented across multiple channels as media options and device platforms increasingly diversify.
Active consumers spend money, and while they are going about their daily routine, they are also actively looking for information. According to Google, more than 50% of all mobile searches have local intent, and 17% of search happens while consumers are on the go.
Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH) advertising, also known as Digital Place-based (DPb) media, utilizes strategically placed, networked digital signage displays to reach on-the-go consumers while they are outside of their home with highly targeted messages. Location-based mobile and digital out-of-home media are part of a larger multiscreen ecosystem that effectively amplifies brand messages to create a deeper level of engagement with active consumers.
Why Location Is the New Currency of Marketing is aimed at CMOs, media buyers and strategists and provides insight into why marketers are increasingly shifting their advertising dollars to these rapidly emerging media platforms.
Highlights from Why Location Is the New Currency of Marketing include:
- The Connected Consumer
- Leveraging the Moment
- Multiscreen Campaign Planning
- Amplifying Reach With DOOH Media